Photo credit: X-Sim
This most certainly isn’t the first homemade full-motion flight simulator we’ve featured, but definitely the first that incorporates a virtual reality headset. To be more specific, it was designed for carrier launches and light aerobatics, complete with DOF 360° movement and Valve Index VR. Read more for a video showing this beast in-action.
Positive g-forces are simulated using a belt tensioner with 80kg force, while the acceleration of a maximum 0.9 Gs is simulated by pitch up. When combined with the Valve Index VR Headset the entire simulator feels like you’re actually flying a fighter jet.
- All-in-one VR: No PC. No wires. No limits. Oculus quest is an all-in-one gaming system built for virtual reality. Now you can play almost anywhere with just a VR headset and controllers.
- Oculus touch controllers: arm yourself with the award-winning Oculus touch controllers. Your slashes, throws and grab appear in VR with intuitive, realistic Precision, transporting your hands and gestures right into the game
- Easy set up: the world is your arcade. Set up is easy whether you're at home or someplace new. Oculus quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting in spaces big or Small.
- Incredible VR games: stop watching games and step into them. Whether you're dodging spells or slashing through enemy hordes, you've never been this close to the action.
- Guardian helps keep you safe: explore the universe without tripping over the coffee table. The Oculus Guardian system is designed to help you avoid nearby objects while you're in-game.
The main goal is to reach a perfect Situation Awarness (SA) for mill. Missions. E.g. if you are doing Bombruns, Night OPs, Dogfights or Aerobatics it´s very easy to get disorientated. In a real Airplane you have many little helps to stay orientated (and sometime to get disorientated also). In a PC-Simulation you don´t have these helps, but i want to have them,” said its creator.