Photo credit: Viajero_Total
You may have seen photos of a building with an actual highway passing through it, and for those who have always wanted to visit, just head on over to the Gate Tower Building in Fukushima-ku, Osaka, Japan. This 16-floor office building has an Ikeda Route highway offramp that passes directly through the building. More specifically, it passes through the 5th-7th floors of this building. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Now how does the elevator work? It just passes through the floors without stopping, or it goes from the 4th straight to the 8th. The actual construction of the building the highway passes basically consist of elevators, stairways and machinery. It does not make contact with the building and is surrounded by a structure to protect the building from noise as well as most vibrations.
- This spectacular LEGO Architecture building set for adults brings together highly detailed models of iconic Dubai buildings and landmarks to inspire all admirers of this exciting, modern city
- The Burj Khalifa, Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah hotel, Dubai Frame and The Dubai Fountain are featured in this architecture model kit, a charming souvenir for anyone with an affinity for Dubai
- This authentically detailed set includes a base with a Dubai nameplate and a booklet with information about Dubai and the model's designer (English language only; other languages can be downloaded at LEGO.com/architecture)
- Even new LEGO architects can enjoy this easy-to-build architecture model kit, and it makes a cool gift for adults ages 16+ who are interested in Dubai
- This compact Dubai skyline model measures over 12” (33cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 2” (7cm) deep, so you don't need a lot of space to display it, but its vibrant colors and authentic details will catch the eye of every passerby!