Sure, we’ve seen homemade web shooters and even wall climbers, but what about Spider-Man’s Spider-Sense? The Hacksmith decided to tackle this daunting technology with LiDAR, which is similar radar, but rather than transmitting sound waves to bounce off things, it sends a beam of light. For this project, they installed a LiDAR system inside a Spider-Man mask. Read more for the video and additional information.
This mask houses the spider-sense circuitry on a flexible PCB, while the LiDAR sensors are located up on the sides and back of the user’s head whentransmit beams of light multiple times every second and send the data back to the microcontroller. A small microcontroller receives and processes the LiDAR data before sending a signal to vibration motors that correspond with the sensors on each side of the user’s head.
- Build and display one of the most feared characters in the Marvel Universe with LEGO Marvel Spider-Man Venom (76187) – a captivating build-and-display model created with adults in mind
- The iconic alien creature, with its dagger-like teeth and long, twisting tongue, stands on a sturdy base with a stylish name plaque attached
- This collectible piece of Marvel movie memorabilia will provide joy and satisfaction long after the hands-on, creative construction work is over
- If you’re an adult Marvel fan or model-making enthusiast, this buildable movie-character replica is the perfect build-and-display project for you
- Measuring over 7 in. (19 cm) high, 3 in. (9 cm) wide and 7 in (19 cm) deep, this striking model is sure to generate attention and interest, whether displayed in your home or workplace