The Hamyak (Russian for hamster) is an all terrain vehicle like you’ve probably never seen before, powered by a 150cc scooter engine. Its mono-tracked design is perfect for snow, sand, mud as well as other rugged terrain, but attempting to maneuver it on pavement could be trouble since you need to pin the throttle and transfer your weight to side for grip. At 187-pounds, it can easily be stored in the back of a pickup truck and can hit a top speed of 27 mph. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
When cruising at a comfortable 12.3 mph, you can expect to consume around 1-liter of fuel per hour, but with 10-liter main tank and 5-liter canister out back, that should be plenty for a typical adventure. Other features include storage space in the front / rear trunks and a standard set of tools, including 15m of rope, a folding saw, hatchet, flashlight, compass and a thermos. These are built to order, so currently, only two are known to exist.
- Authentic motocross frame geometry, the MX350 scales down the dirt bike to size for riders ages 13+ and up to 140 lb (64 kg)
- High-torque, rear-wheel chain-drive delivers increased power and traction
- Powers riders at speeds of up to 14 mph (22 km/h) with up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Features adjustable-angle, riser-style handlebars, spoked wheels with 12” pneumatic, knobby tires, retractable kickstand, and hand-operated rear brake
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid rechargeable battery system