UC San Diego NanoEngineering researchers have developed a highly expandable foaming resin for use with SLA 3D printers. This material expands with heat after UV-curing, which enables you to make parts significantly larger than the build volume of the printer used to fabricate them. It could eventually be used for architecture, manufacturing, aerospace, energy, biomedicine, and even to build flotation devices. Read more for a video and additional information.
The models you see above were 3D printed on an Anycubic Photon at 1x scale and heated at 200°C for up to 10-minutes, and once the desired temperature was achieved, it decomposed the blowing agent, thus activating the foaming action of the resin and expanding their size. Researchers calculated the volumetric expansions of up to 40x, making it perfect for aerofoils or buoyancy aids in the real world.
- 【Fast Slicing Software】ELEGOO Mars comes with the latest version of CHITUBOX Slicing Software which gives you extraordinary user experience. CHITUBOX takes only 1 minute to slice 30Mb .stl model files while the open-sourced slicing software would take up to 10minutes.
- 【Resin saving and Better Printing】CHITUBOX allows you to hollow out your model before slicing which could save your resin dramatically during photocuring process. Equiped with 40W UV lights and using ELEGOO resin, you can get a better printing result.
- 【Smart and Convenient】3.5'' inch color touch screen equipped with the latest ELEGOO CHITUBOX 5.5 system makes it very easy for off-line printing. The build platform with steel ball balancing structure inside allows you to start printing within 5 minutes after assembly.
- 【High Precision and Resolution】ELEGOO Mars uses a 2560x1440 2K HD masking LCD as to provide accurate printing with XY axis resolution of 0.00185inches / 0.047mm
- 【Warranty and Service】We provide total one-year machine warranty (3 month warranty for FEP and 2K LCD consumable parts) and if you have any questions regarding product operation or software please feel free to contact us