UC San Diego NanoEngineering researchers have developed a highly expandable foaming resin for use with SLA 3D printers. This material expands with heat after UV-curing, which enables you to make parts significantly larger than the build volume of the printer used to fabricate them. It could eventually be used for architecture, manufacturing, aerospace, energy, biomedicine, and even to build flotation devices. Read more for a video and additional information.
The models you see above were 3D printed on an Anycubic Photon at 1x scale and heated at 200°C for up to 10-minutes, and once the desired temperature was achieved, it decomposed the blowing agent, thus activating the foaming action of the resin and expanding their size. Researchers calculated the volumetric expansions of up to 40x, making it perfect for aerofoils or buoyancy aids in the real world.
- 【Fast Printing and less maintenance】Mars 2 comes with a 6.08 inch monochrome LCD of 2K HD resolution and only takes 2 seconds per layer exposure to cure resin, which could significantly enhance your printing efficiency. Mono LCD has a much longer lifespan and stable performance during long term printing, thus saves your cost.
- 【Outstanding prints and ultra accuracy】Brand new light source structure provides more even UV light emission and working together with 2K mono LCD, the printing details and precision are greatly improved and the 3D printed models are fascinating.
- 【Sturdy build quality】CNC machined aluminum body makes Mars 2 a very formidable machine. Newly-designed sandblasted build plate has a much stronger adherence during printing and enables consistent printing success.
- 【Multi language interface】Mars 2 now supports 12 kinds of languages so customers across the world could operate the 3D printer more conveniently without barriers. The newly added 10 languages are Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Portuguese.
- 【Warranty and Service】We provide a 1-year warranty on the whole printer and 6-month warranty for the 2K LCD (FEP film is excluded).