First Person View (FPV) drone racing is a popular sport nowadays, but flying one of these machines in a homemade cockpit takes things to a whole new level. To make this a reality, an R/C transmitter was disassembled for its gimbal and potentiometers. The gimbal was then equipped with a long stick for aileron and elevator control, while the potentiometers were hooked up to pedals for the rudder. Read more for a video and additional information.
Yes, pilots even have a proper throttle handle at their disposal, despite the way it looks. The rig itself boasts PVC piping and bungee straps to keep things all together. After some practice, a faster drone / aircraft was tested at up to 120 mph. Let’s just say the experience rivals flying an actual airplane, especially at these speeds.
- 【IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE】Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 【4K/60FPS VIDEO】The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- 【BRAND-NEW S MODE】Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- 【ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES】An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- 【OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM 】Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles. Note: The remote controller and accessories are located on the lower layer of the box