People working from home or students taking online classes are probably familiar with communication apps like Zoom or Microsoft Teams, but there’s one that you may not have heard of. Called Houseparty, it’s essentially a video-chatting app that lets hold virtual parties with up to 8 people. For those who don’t know, the makers of Fortnite, Epic Games, acquired this platform back in June 2019 for an undisclosed amount, so they definitely have the infrastructure to handle the influx of new users. Read more for a video and additional information.
This social networking service allows for group video chatting through both mobile and desktop apps. Users receive a notification when their friends are online and available to group video chat. On average, users spend around 1-hour per day on the app in group or one-on-one chats, and likely much longer now.
- Alexa can show you more - With an 8" HD screen and stereo sound, Alexa can help manage your day at a glance.
- Connect with video calling and messaging - Call friends and family who have the Alexa app or an Echo device with a screen. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
- Be entertained - Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Control your smart home - Voice control compatible devices or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights, and adjust thermostats. Create morning routines to start your day.
- Made to fit your life - Cook along to step-by-step recipes with Food Network Kitchen. Easily update to-do lists and calendars. Glance at weather and traffic on your way out.