Coronavirus cases are surging in South Korea and app developers are looking to help stop its spread. Developers are now using public government data to enable users to see how close they are to where a confirmed Covid-19 patient has been. Once downloaded, the app shows the date a patient was confirmed with the disease, their demographic data, and most importantly, their location history. Read more for a video and additional information.
Corona 100m is an app that alerts a user if they come within 328-feet of a location visited by someone who is confirmed to have Covid-19. One app developer said he’s using his own app to take even more precautions because of what it has shown.
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; Share more, game harder, experience more and never miss a beat
- Single Take AI: Capture video and multiple types of images with one tap of the shutter button; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Hi-Res Camera Zoom: Capture hi-res images from 300 feet away that look like they were taken from 3 feet away; The game-changing new 100x Space Zoom delivers unprecedented power and clarity
- Charge two phones - Charge up to two smartphones by simply setting them down. Advanced Qi wireless charging technology enables you to charge your device without plugging in a cable
- Charge a phone and a smartwatch - The Wireless Charger Duo can charge your Samsung smartwatch too. Gear S3, Gear Sport, and Galaxy Watch can charge in the same location as your phone by simply placing your watch on the charging pad
The installs are increasing about 20,000 every hour. I thought it would be nice to mark them on a map. When I think that this app can prevent the spread of coronavirus patients by advising people not to go to certain places … I feel proud,” said Lee Jun-young, the developer of Corona Map.