California-based Hyperion, a technology company specializing in hydrogen generation, storage and propulsion, have just unveiled their XP-1 prototype. This hydrogen-electric supercar boasts an impressive 1,000-mile range and can be recharged in less than five minutes at public stations. It stores electric energy in fuel cell systems versus heavy lithium ion batteries, thus giving the benefits of electric motors found in traditional electric vehicles, without the added weight, extended charging times, and battery degradation. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Its hydrogen fuel cell provides electric energy to all four wheels, enabling it to accelerate from 0-60 mph in under 2.2 seconds. Unlike battery-based electric cars, the XP-1’s hydrogen storage system is not affected by extreme temperatures, allowing it to consistently and reliably provide peak performance over extended driving sessions. Production is set to begin in 2020.
- Kids will love to build and explore the super fast LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR toy car, This race car set, with black spoke rims and custom designs, can be used as a collectible toy car for adults or as the perfect STEM toy for kids
- This model car kit includes realistic details throughout the Porsche toy car such as aerodynamic bodywork, working steering, track map & more, Plus, this white toy car comes with a full toy engine, making it a fun engineering toy for kids & adults
- This LEGO Technic set featuring a toy sports car is an exclusive replica of the Porsche 911 RSR race car and has been developed in partnership with Porsche, This toy car playset will make kids and adults feel like they're in the middle of a NASCAR race!
- This LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR 42096 building kit can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO building bricks, Kids and adults can come together for hours of building, thinking, and imaginative play
- The 1580-piece race car building kit includes a Porsche 911 RSR model car that measures over 5 inches (13cm) high, 19 inches (50cm) long and 7 inches (20cm) wide, This toy vehicle with building bricks is great for boys and girls aged 10+
The XP-1 was partially designed to function as an educational tool for the masses. Aerospace engineers have long understood the advantages of hydrogen as the most abundant, lightest element in the universe and now, with this vehicle, consumers will experience its extraordinary value proposition. This is only the beginning of what can be achieved with hydrogen as an energy storage medium. The potential of this fuel is limitless and will revolutionize the energy sector,” said Angelo Kafantaris, Hyperion CEO and founding member.