Remember the Hyperion XP-1 from last year? If not, it recently made an appearance in Las Vegas, all the way from The Strip to the surrounding desert. Boasting an impressive 1,000-mile range, the XP-1 can be recharged in under five minutes at public stations. It stores electric energy in fuel cell systems instead of heavy lithium ion batteries, thus providing all the benefits of traditional electric vehicles, without the added weight, extended charging times, battery degradation. Read more for a video, additional pictures and informatoin.
Its hydrogen fuel cell provides electric energy to all four wheels, and thanks to its near instantaneous power delivery and lightweight design, the supercar can accelerate from 0-60 mph in less than 2.2 seconds.Hyperion also develops spaceflight technology pioneered by NASA for use in commercial applications, like this supercar, and includes advanced hydrogen systems, power generation technology, as well as high performance materials.
- Test your creative construction superpowers with the LEGO Marvel Avengers Iron Man Helmet; If you’re an adult Marvel fan or model-building enthusiast, this buildable display model is for you
- The iconic design of Iron Man’s Helmet is cleverly reproduced with LEGO bricks and graphics stickers to evoke memories of classic Marvel Avengers movie scenes; The buildable model stands on a sturdy base with nameplate
- Capture the iconic contours and impressive detail of Iron Man's helmet with LEGO bricks, red and gold elements and stickers for eyes; Looks great displayed alongside other LEGO Marvel models
- Whether you’re a Marvel fan, a LEGO lover or both, this 480-piece construction kit will provide you with a challenging build and absorbing escapism; It makes a great birthday gift, holiday present or personal treat
- The Iron Man Helmet measures over 7.5” (19cm) high, 4” (10cm) wide and 4.5” (12cm) deep; It doesn't need much space for display, but its striking, authentic details are sure to catch the eye of every Marvel fan
The XP-1 was partially designed to function as an educational tool for the masses. Aerospace engineers have long understood the advantages of hydrogen as the most abundant, lightest element in the universe and now, with this vehicle, consumers will experience its extraordinary value proposition. This is only the beginning of what can be achieved with hydrogen as an energy storage medium. The potential of this fuel is limitless and will revolutionize the energy sector,” said Angelo Kafantaris, Hyperion CEO and founding member.