Anyone who has watched online videos for the past few years have probably seen at least one bottle flipping trick shot. If not, it basically involveds throwing a plastic bottle, typically partially full of liquid, into the air so that it rotates, in an attempt to land it upright on its base or on its cap. Read more to see bottle flipping robots by Japanese students that have mastered trick shots.
Students at Japan’s RoboCon, a national high school robotics contest, built robots that specialize in bottle flipping. The robots you see above were all made by teams whose members are between 15 and 20 years old. Tricks range from bouncing the bottles off the table at precise angles so that the bottle lands right side up to flipping multiple bottles at once.
- Rules similar to darts. Place target on level surface and flip bottles onto target to score points
- Carry bag and quick set up - 6 piece game set: (2) Durable Flippin' bottles, (1) Heavy-duty Weatherproof Target (2) Tuning bottles & (1) Drawstring bag. All game pieces made in USA.
- Minimal space is needed and can be played standing or sitting. Grass, carpet, table, or sand - all you need is a level surface!
- Encourages strategic thinking, real eye hand coordination plus quick math and memory skills. Great for all ages - kids to adults with multiple game modes for single or interactive play.
- Includes a free downloadable score-keeping app from the App Store. Recommended age for app usage is 13+