Jetson ONE made its debut last month, but since then, the company has conducted many more tests, including one in a forest that could be mistaken by some for a scene out of a Star Wars movie. Just to recap, this $92,000 USD personal flying vehicle can be built at home and hit a top speed of 63mph due to its ultra lightweight aluminum and carbon fiber frame weighing in at just 189.5-pounds. Read more for the video and additional information.
You won’t need to obtain a special license to operate the Jetson ONE, as one uses a 3-axis joystick, along with a traditional throttle lever and pedals, to control the vehicle. Safety won’t be an issue either, as it comes equipped with a redundant propulsion system and a ballistic parachute. The company has sold all 12 of its planned production vehicles for 2022, with 5 more being offered for delivery in 2023.
- 【IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE】Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 【4K/60FPS VIDEO】The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- 【BRAND-NEW S MODE】Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- 【ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES】An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- 【OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM 】Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles.
Our mission is to make flight available to everyone. The Jetson one is an electric helicopter that you can own and fly. We intend to make everyone a pilot,” said Peter Ternstrom, Jetson co-founder.