Cleo Robotics has just unveiled a strange-looking cylinderical drone, called the Dronut X1. It’s touted as the world’s first maneuverable ducted bi-rotor drone, and it’s designed for law-enforcement, industrial inspection, construction and defense markets. What sets it apart from other industrial drones is its patneted thrust vectoring technology, which makes the hyper-efficient ducted fan design stable in flight. Read more for a video and additional information.
Thanks to completely enclosed propellers, the X1 is capable of safely bouncing off objects and people and ultra compact when compared to similarly featured drones. Weighing in at under 16-ounces, the carbon fiber drone packs a variety of sensors, including LiDAR-powered obstacle detection as well as a suite for image and data collection with HD video/pictures. The Dronut X1 pilot assist is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon and makes flying easier and safer.
- 【IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE】Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 【4K/60FPS VIDEO】The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- 【BRAND-NEW S MODE】Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- 【ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES】An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- 【OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM 】Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles.
Built to solve what had been thought of as unsolvable technical challenges with ducted fan aerial vehicles, we developed and tested the Dronut platform through rigorous and innovative engineering. We are excited to see the impact that the Dronut X1 will have on the industries that it is designed to serve. Having worked in the oil industry, I experienced the dangers and costs associated with confined space inspections. The Dronut X1 is the solution that removes the need to risk humans’ safety on the job,” said Omar Eleryan, founder and CEO, Cleo Robotics.