Joby Aviation’s electric vertical takeoff and landing prototype aims to be the future of ridesharing, as the company plans to launch commercial operations in the United States in 2024, before scaling its service globally. To date, the team has performed over 1,000 test flights in the past 10 years, while also being the first company to agree to a certification basis for an electric vertical takeoff and landing (“eVTOL”) aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration (“FAA”). Read more for two videos and additional information.
The company wants to revolutionize how people are transported by unlocking the possibility to leapfrog sustainably over the traffic gridlock below in its piloted, four-passenger, emissions free aircraft, which can travel up to 150 miles on a full charge at speeds up to 200 miles per hour.
- Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 250 grams Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone In the United States and Canada you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2 7K HD videos A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear Ultra-smooth footage
- What you get DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller 3x Intelligent Flight Battery 3x Pairs of Spare Propellers 2x Micro USB Cable Gimbal Protector RC Cable (Micro USB connector) RC Cable (USB-C connector) RC Cable (Lightning connector) Pair of Spare Control Sticks 18x Spare Screw Screwdriver 360° Propeller Guard Two-Way Charging Hub DJI 18W USB Charger Carrying Bag
In Joby we see a remarkable founder-led team that has quietly delivered the most advanced technology we’ve seen in this sector. With valuable strategic partnerships including Toyota and Uber, a compelling business model and an unparalleled track-record of executing against its targets, we believe Joby is well-positioned to create a transformative new human-centered mobility network. Through our venture capital at scale approach, we are committed to Joby’s long-term success as it continues on its journey to revolutionize commutes and drive decades of innovation in human movement,” said Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn Co-Founder and Co-Lead Director of Reinvent Technology Partners.