TP-Link’s Kasa Smart Light Bulb can be installed as easily as a standard one, and it connects to your home Wi-Fi quickly through the free Kasa app, all for $11.99, today only, originally $48.99. You can also manage your lights with a smartphone or tablet, including adjusting the brightness, setting schedules / scenes, and even tracking energy expenditure. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Control from anywhere: Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the kasa app (compatible w/ android & ios)
- Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and MicroSoft Cortana supported devices for a hands free experience
- Dimmable: Dim brightness to customize lighting and suit your mood; The LB110 has 800 lumens brightness and dimmable White light
- Kasa scenes & schedules; Schedule the smart bulb to automatically turn on and off when away
- Note: Requires a secured 2.4 GigaHertz WiFi network connection
That’s not all, for added convenience, you can use your voice to control the LB110 when paired with Amazon Alexa. As for what WiFi protocols are supported, pretty much any IEEE 802.11b/g/n network and 2.4GHz 1T1R router. One thing to note is that it does require Android 4.1 or higher / iOS 9.0 or higher operating systems to run the free Kasa app.