The massive LEGO Fairground Collection (10303) Loop Coaster set consists of 3,756-pieces and would be a perfect summer build. You won’t need to tinker with motors, as this is a gravity-driven roller coaster, complete with one train, a boarding station with opening barriers and a control panel. Just lower the bars to secure riders into cars and then release the brake to send the train to the foot of the elevator.
Once you activate the elevator, simple enjoy the ride as the cars zip through the loops and turns. You can also upgrade the roller coaster with a LEGO Powered Up module to motorize the elevator. There are several included accessories like a park bench with a map, balloon cart, pretzel cart, hot-dog stand and height marker. Available July 1st, priced at $399.99 USD. For something more thrilling, there’s the Carnival Mardis Gras BOLT cruise ship roller coaster.
- Set comes with 8550 classic K'NEX pieces to build your very own coaster.
- Set includes a battery-powered motor that gives life to the K’NEX pieces. Requires 2 “AA” batteries, not included.
- Set comes with an easy-to-follow instruction manual. Ideal for kids 9 and up.
- STEAMagination – It’s the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, & math) with a child’s curiosity and creativity. It powers the fun of each K’NEX set.
- K’NEX Thrill Rides allows each child to build bigger models that move to create an amusement park right in their home!
A roller-coaster gift – Treat an amusement park lover or adult LEGO builder with this set, which offers a building project to enjoy, plus a collectible display piece to cherish. Dimensions – Model measures over 36 in. (92 cm) high, 33.5 in. (85 cm) wide and 13.5 in. (34 cm) deep,” said LEGO.