Sure, manually wrapping presents is a far simpler task than building a machine out of LEGO to do the job, but the novelty of this creation alone was time well spent for “The Brick Wall”. Back in December, this LEGO extraordinaire built a simple gift wrap machine, and now, it’s been scaled up to factory size. It measures 72-inches in length, 20-inches tall and 28-inches deep, powered by 19 motors, along with 4 Buwizz (remote control), and a LEGO Mindstorms EV3 core set. Read more for a video.
This version is also able to accurately measure exactly how much paper to slice up, depending on the box size. When those calculations are determined, the factory gets to work, eventually taping everything up, just like a human would. Unfortunately, there are speed limitations due to it being a LEGO creation, but if nothing else, it’s definitely a conversation starter.
- Unleash hours of fun with the LEGO Off-Road Buggy (42124) building kit. This RC Off-Road Buggy car is packed with features inspired by the original 1980s RC toy cars
- Amazing tricks are easy to perform thanks to the car’s front and rear suspension, massive tires and angled front
- Download the free CONTROL+ app to add a new dimension to this remote-control buggy. Use the app to control the car, perform stunts and unlock challenges, sound effects and more
- This Off-Road Buggy is an awesome gift for kids aged 10 and up. Adults who remember the classic 1980s RC toy cars will love it too, making it a fun experience for all generations to enjoy together
- Check out the retro color scheme, complete with 1980s-inspired sticker details