Xiaomi has just unveiled its first quad-curved waterfall screen concept smartphone. What sets this apart from other devices is its 88° hyper quad-curved screen design that allows visual interfaces to flow over the phone’s surface like water, nearly covering its entire frame. The body contains no ports or buttons, which gives us a preview of futuristic unibody smartphones with a no-port design. To polish glass with a deep 88° bend on four sides, they had to develop their own glass processing equipment, hot bending under 800°C high temperature / pressure, four different polishing tools and more than ten complex polishing procedures. Read more for a video and additional information.
Since almost all sides of the phone are covered by the display, physical ports and buttons can have their functions replicated by more intuitive alternatives. This is made possible with groundbreaking technologies and engineering solutions, like ultra-thin piezoelectric ceramics, flexible film display acoustic technology, third-generation under-display cameras, wireless charging, eSIM chips, as well as pressure-sensitive touch sensors.
- 6.47” FHD + curved AMOLED display. Watch your screen brought to life with NXTVISION display technology. The stunning dual-sided 3D glass design adds to the majestic display quality.
- Quad rear cameras with dual LED flash: 64MP (ultra high-res) with hybrid auto focus + 2MP 2.9μm super low light video + 16MP (123° super wide-angle) + 5MP (macro). 24MP front-facing selfie camera.
- Up to 128GB of internal memory, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card (sold separately).
- Compatible with GSM carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile. This device is also certified for use on Verizon’s LTE network. If your device is not receiving messages or experiences an error when making phone calls on Verizon, your account may need to be provisioned to support “CDMA-less” devices. To do this, please contact Verizon’s technical support team or your account’s business representative for assistance. This device is not compatible with CDMA networks.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 675, Octa-core processor, and 6GB of RAM for a smooth performance.
Xiaomi never stops innovating, striving to find the best balance between imagination and reality. Pushing the limits of the classic smartphone form factor, Xiaomi engineers tried to make the smartphone as simple as possible and bring the ‘just a screen” form factor a step closer to life,'” said the company.