LEGO Technic sets are designed to push the limits of what the colorful bricks can do, but the Brick Experiment Channel on YouTube had to take things to the next level for his latest project. To create a functional LEGO submarine, it all started with an airtight glass food storage container. Magnetic couplings were then added to transmit power from the electric motors to the thrust propellers on the exterior of the vessel. Read more for a video and additional information.
Neodymium magnets were installed on the motors to pull the other set attached to the propellers, thus allowing for power transmission without having to drill any holes in the hull of the submarine. A ballast was added for neutral buoyancy, and once everything was completed, it was tested in a pool. Just one caveat: as it reached the bottom of the pool, the extra pressure caused the lid to flex inward, making it impossible for the submarine to move upwards.
- Let race car fans take on a driving challenge with this LEGO Technic app-controlled Top Gear Rally Car operated via a smart device with 3 screens!
- This toy rally car model is controlled via the LEGO Technic CONTROL+ app and powered by an advanced Smart Hub with 1 XL motor and 1 L motor for a more immersive play experience, authentic movements and hours of fun!
- Build the car, download the app and get ready for action with multi-function control that lets drivers go forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake, play sound effects and get real-time feedback!
- This LEGO Technic app-controlled racecar creates endless build-and-play fun and is an action-filled holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kids ages 10+ who like building challenges, Top Gear Rally Car toys and remote-control cars
- At over 26cm (10”) long, 10cm (3”) high and 14cm (5”) wide, this motorized toy car is the perfect size for driving or for display; please note this set is not compatible with LEGO Power Functions systems