After several leaks these past few weeks, the LG WING is now official. This innovative smartphone enables users to switch seamlessly between Basic Mode and Swivel Mode any time to enjoy an expanded experience. In the latter, the entire front of the phone rotates clockwise 90°, orienting the Main Screen in landscape mode to reveal a secondary 3.9 inch screen. This means that a single application can be expanded to both screens or two applications can be displayed simultaneously, one on each display. Read more for two videos, including a hands-on, and additional information.
LG partnered with several industry leaders to make use of this unique configuration. When YouTube or Tubi, preinstalled NAVER Whale browser, is loaded, the video plays on the Main Screen while the Second Screen displays comments or the search bar. The Multi App function allows users to create shortcuts for pairs of apps they typically use together. Other features include a 6.8-inch P-OLED FullVision display with 20.5:9 aspect ratio, Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G Mobile Platform, three rear cameras (64MP Ultra High Resolution OIS Wide, 12MP Ultra Wide Big Pixel and 13MP Wide) and a Gimbal Motion Camera that turns the second screen into a grip. Available next month in South Korea, with launches in North America and Europe to follow.
- Pre-installed selection of Amazon apps, including Amazon Shopping, Amazon Music, Audible and Amazon Alexa
- Amazon exclusive version with Amazon Alexa built-in: Simply say “Alexa” or double press the power button to play music, hear the news or check the weather wherever you are. Just ask - and Alexa will respond instantly
- 6.1" QHD+ OLED FullVision display (3120 x 1440 ), 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage with option to add up to 2 TB of microSD expandable memory, and Android 9
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core processor (2.84+ GHz x 1 + 2.42+ GHz x 3 + 1.79+ GHz x 4)
- 16.0MP + 12.0MP dual rear-camera setup with OIS+ and Dual PDAF, 8.0MP front-facing camera with Story Shot & Makeup Pro
LG WING ushers in a new era of mobile discovery and is an exciting beginning to our Explorer Project initiative. Different than anything else on the market today, this innovative device challenges the industry status quo and provides consumers with a new mobile experience that will open up new ways to think about the smartphone,” said Morris Lee, president of LG’s Mobile Communications Company.