The Beats Solo Pro Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones are touted as the best in the lineup yet, and you can get a pair for $199.95 shipped, today only, originally $299.95. This model builds upon Solo3 Wireless’ award-winning sound profile with an evolved acoustic platform, a refined driver with optimized diaphragm geometries, two beam-forming microphones, an updated speech-detecting accelerometer and Pure Adaptive Noise Cancelling (Pure ANC). Product page. Read more for a hands-on review and additional information.
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) blocks external noise
- Up to 22 hours of listening time (up to 40 hours with ANC and transparency turned off)
- Features the Apple H1 Headphone Chip and Class 1 Bluetooth for extended range and fewer dropouts
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Built-in microphone allows hands-free controls via “Hey Siri” on iOS devices, and voice capability with the push of the b button on a variety of compatible devices
When Transparency mode is activated, Solo Pro activates its external microphones for a natural filter of environmental noise without sacrificing great sound. That’s right, you won’t have to pause your music as Transparency effectively blends the outside world into your listening experience, all at the push of a button. Best of all, you can get up to 3 hours of playtime with just a 10-minute charge using the included Lightning cable.
The Solo form factor is incredibly popular, with over 30 million sold to date. Beats created Solo Pro to bring much needed innovation to the on-ear headphone market. With phenomenal acoustics, multiple listening modes and a progressive design, Solo Pro joins recently launched Powerbeats Pro as part of the next generation of Beats products,” said Luke Wood, president of Beats by Dre.