Photo credit: Christie’s
The football-sized lunar meteorite (NWA 12691) weighs in at over 30-pounds is the fifth largest that you can buy. It came from part of a large meteorite shower which fell near the Western Saharan, Algerian and Mauritanian borders, and is expected to net $2.5 million USD, which gives it a valuation of around $80,000 per pound. Read more for a video and additional information.
This meteorite is composed of rare lunar minerals and gases, some of which are still unknown on Earth, as it probably landed on our planet thousands of years ago after being ejected off the moon’s surface by the collision of an asteroid or comet.
- What Are Boo Bubbles? It’s science for kids with a fun and engaging twist...At Steve Spangler Science, we expertly engineered our simple to use Boo Bubble Blower Kit with quality materials. With an easy-to-follow hands-on activity guide, you and your kids will feel like real scientists.
- Teach Science Concepts While Having A Blast - Our STEM kit shows kids the science of sublimation as dry ice turns from a solid directly into a gas and the rate of reaction as you experiment with different water temperatures. A perfect addition to STEM programs, our bubble machine kit introduces kids to science in a fun, hands-on way that makes science tangible, cool, and a little even spooky.
- Our Kids Science Kit Has All The Tools You Need - Just add dry ice from your local supermarket or online. To explore the science of dry ice with awesome fog-filled bubbles, our bubble toy includes a generator, blower & tubing, gloves, solution, mixing cup, and hands-on science activity guide.
- Safe To Use At Home Or In The Classroom - Our Boo bubble machine is perfect for kids 8 and up with adult supervision. Have fun popping bubbles to release bursts of fog, create giant ones, make bubbles float, and more. And the best part? Our cool STEM activities are designed to help ignite a love of science in kids!
- Steve Spangler Science - Our mission is to inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers by making science fun and accessible for children from all walks of life. From humble beginnings in a back bedroom to becoming one of the country’s leading advocates of STEM, we stand behind each kid science kit we create. If for any reason you aren’t absolutely thrilled with your kids bubbles kit, reach out and we will make it right.
I’ve been lucky enough to handle a few lunar meteorites at Christie’s over the years, but every time I see this specimen in the warehouse the sheer size of it bowls me over,” said James Hyslop, Christie’s head of science and natural history.