Mario Kart Live: Home circuit brings the classic game to life using the Nintendo Switch family of systems by using AR technology to bridge the gap between the virtual world and the real world of your home. The bundle includes one kart – either Mario or Luigi in the driving seat – four gates, two arrow signboards that can be used to enhance courses and a USB charging cable. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
The software can be downloaded free from the Nintendo eShop, which can then be used to sync up with the physical kart hardware. To start playing, set up the four gates around your living space, then drive through each of them in turn to create a course layout. In the main mode, Grand Prix, you face off against the Koopalings across eight Grand Prix cups with 24 different races in all. Just like the video game, elements in this one also affect the physical kart itself, bringing the crazy fun of Mario Kart into a whole new dimension.
- Use your Nintendo Switch system to control a real-life Mario Kart
- Create a course in your home by placing gates and watch the race come to life on screen in augmented reality
- The kart will react as you boost, hit items and drift around the course
- Unlock in-game environments, gates, costumes and more as you play
- Up to 4 players can race around the house together (additional games, systems and karts required; sold separately)
Get your engines revved up for Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, which launches just in time for the holidays. Whether you’ve always dreamed of turning your living room into Rainbow Road or want to prove once and for all that you’re the fastest racer among your friends and family, we hope this new Mario Kart experience brings smiles to people of all ages,” said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.