Mercedes-Benz has been expanding its range of EVs, and just one yea after they released their first battery-powered vehicle, the EQC SUV, they decided to go the urban transport route. Called the eScooter, it was designed with one thing in mind: longevity. Thanks to top-quality components, it can last over 3,000-miles, all the while being easily transported in an automobile or public transport. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Its electric motor is rated at a maximum of 500W power, enabling it to quickly accelerate to 12.4 mph, and the 7.8 Ah battery offers a range of 15.5-miles on a single charge. The eScooter’s kickboard is wide and boasts a non-slip coating, with plenty of space for both feet. The front and rear suspension come fitted with 20 cm diameter rubber wheels that effortlessly traverse uneven terrain like cobblestones. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability.
- Revolutionary Upgrade of Electric Scooters: With powerful 350W motor, Segway Ninebot MAX can reach to 18. 6 mph, travel up to 40. 4 miles and max load of 220 lbs. Our Smart Battery Management System assures the battery safety and extends the battery life.
- Portable Folding Design: One-step folding system for easy portability. Segway Ninebot MAX electric scooter can be folded with ease in mere 3 seconds. Carry it on public transportation, store it in your car and any destination you desire effortlessly.
- Dimensions Unfold: 45.9" L x 18.6" W x 47.4" H | Dimensions Fold: 45.9" L x 18.6" W x 21.0" H | Net Weight: Approx. 41.2 lbs
- Rider: Weight Capacity: 66.1-220.5 lbs | Recommended Age: 14+ years | Required Height: 3'11"-6'6"
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: the mechanical and electrical Anti-Lock braking system ensure braking safety. Front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with self-healing 10-inch pneumatic tires provide max comfort, even on rough surfaces or speed bumps.
The retractable steering column is smoothly adjustable to the rider’s height. The ergonomically shaped handlebar features an accelerator on the right and brake on the left, plus an integrated bell. The centrally-mounted display shows the speed, battery level and riding mode at a glance. For braking, the eScooter has a rear drum brake and a foot brake on the protective plate. The front and rear lights are suitable for use in road traffic, along with the side reflectors make it possible to ride any time, even in the dark,” said Daimler in a press release.