Vice President Mike Pence officially announced that Space Force personnel will be called Guardians. Currently, there are approximately 4,000 Guardians in the U.S. Space Force, all from them from the Air Force. Space Force Col. Michael Hopkins, a NASA astronaut, is currently in orbit aboard the International Space Station. The first two space bases are now up and operating: Patrick Space Force Base and Cape Canaveral Space Force Station. Read more for two videos, including one of Space Force bootcamp, and additional information.
Though it may be some time until space is a war-fighting domain, both Russia and China are aggressively seeking ways to slice into America’s dominance in the cosmos. Russia conducted yet another anti-satellite missile launch recently, and should there be any conflict, the U.S. Space Force will be ready to act.
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module; Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands; The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39-inches (100cm) high and 6-inches (17cm) in diameter; It includes 1,969 pieces and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older
It is my honor, on behalf of the President of the United States, to announce that, henceforth, the men and women of the United States Space Force will be known as ‘Guardians,'” said VP Pence during the ceremonies.