Ultrasound imaging typically requires skilled technicians and a special wand to direct sound waves into the body, but MIT engineers have created stamp-sized ultrasound stickers that simplify the task. Once adhered to the skin, these stickers are capable of providing continuous ultrasound imaging of internal organs for up to 48-hours.
Volunteers who had these stuck onto their skin were shown images of the devices producing live, high-resolution images of major blood vessels and deeper organs ;ole as the heart, lungs, and stomach. They maintained a strong adhesion and imaged changes in underlying organs as volunteers performed various activities, such as sitting, standing, jogging, and biking. However, when it comes to computers, you won’t even need software to ward off viruses, just this IT protection amulet.
- Powerful Productivity: 11th Generation Intel Core i3-1115G4 processor delivers unmatched speed and intelligence, enabling impressive creating, productivity, and gaming experiences. With Turbo Boost Technology, get up to 4.1GHz for your high-demand applications
- Visibly Stunning: Experience sharp details and crisp colors on the 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Ergonomic Typing: Ergonomically-designed hinge lifts the keyboard for comfortable typing, improved cooling, and a better sound experience
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
We envision a few patches adhered to different locations on the body, and the patches would communicate with your cellphone, where AI algorithms would analyze the images on demand. We believe we’ve opened a new era of wearable imaging: With a few patches on your body, you could see your internal organs,” said Xuanhe Zhao, the study’s senior author, professor of mechanical engineering and civil and environmental engineering at MIT.