Photo credit: Peta Pixel
Many times, the photographs and video footage you see of celestial bodies was captured using high-powered telescopes, but for those who have a Leica APO-Telyt-R 400mm f/2.8 lens, it’s capable of much more than you think. Photographer Markus Stark recorded this at only 290 meters above sea level while camping in Germany, as his intended goal was to make the viewer feel like they observing the moon from a spacecraft. Read more for the video and additional information.
He used the lens on a Panasonic GH4 with a modified Leica 400mm f/2.8 with a 1.4x teleconverter as well as two 2x Leica Apo extenders and some of the zooming and spinning movements that you see was added in post production. How much will one of these lenses set you back? Around $15,000 USD used since production ended in 2009, which at that time, had it retailing for a whopping $39,000 USD.
- Powerful reflector telescope: The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ telescope is a powerful reflector telescope for astronomy beginners. It features fully-coated glass optics, a sturdy and lightweight frame, 2 eyepieces, a StarPointer red dot finderscope and an adjustable tripod.
- High-quality 130mm optics: The heart of the system is a 130mm glass optic objective lens. The AstroMaster mount features 2 slow-motion control knobs that allow you to make precision adjustments. Resolution (Rayleigh)- 1.07 arc seconds
- Quick setup & lightweight frame: This telescope for kids and adults to be used together features a lightweight frame manual German Equatorial mount for smooth and accurate pointing. Setup is quick and easy, with no tools required for assembly.
- Included accessories: We’ve included 2 eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a travel tripod, and a StarPointer red dot finderscope. Accessories also include a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs.
- Unbeatable warranty and customer support: Buy with confidence from the world’s No.1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a 2-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.