Domino’s announced today that it has partnered with Nuro, the leading self-driving delivery company, to launch an autonomous pizza delivery robot in Houston. Customers who place a prepaid order on the Domino’s website on certain days and times can select to have their pizza delivered by Nuro’s R2 robot, the first completely autonomous, passenger-less on-road delivery vehicle with a regulatory approval by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Read more for a video and additional information.
This partnership between Domino’s and Nuro will introduce an entirely new delivery experience to pizza lovers. Here’s how it works: select customers who place a prepaid website order from the participating store can choose to have their order delivered by R2, text alerts are then sent to update them on location, and a unique PIN is provided to retrieve their order. Once the robot arrives, customers will be prompted to enter their PIN on its touchscreen, which at that time, its doors gently open upward, revealing their order.
- Upped The Game: The Gokart PRO comes with a top speed of 23 mph and 15.5 miles range within one single charge. Included Ninebot S MAX, you can easily assemble and detach the Gokart PRO and experience the fun of self-balancing scooter.
- Drift like a Pro: The Gokart PRO has an RR design, the rear engine and the rear-wheel-drive are set up like supercars. Equipped with 4,800W Max engine power and 96N max torque. This allows segway Gokart PRO to sprint from 0 to 23 mph within seconds.
- Keep Your safe: The Ninebot Gokart PRO comes with a high-strength steel frame that can carry a payload of up to 220 lbs and max slope of 15°. Triple anti-collision protection and dual communication technology to increase the safety of the rider.
- Fun for All Ages: The adjustable frame length and steering wheel height can accommodate riders from 4’5” to 6’3”. Gokart PRO features four driving modes. It's collapsible to fit into most vehicle trunks, allowing you to take it wherever you want to go!
- Warranty: Download the Segway app to control four driving modes, adjust the drifting assistant level, control the light effect, and much more. Please refer to warranty information in the product details below and contact us if you have any problems.
We’re excited to continue innovating the delivery experience for Domino’s customers by testing autonomous delivery with Nuro in Houston. There is still so much for our brand to learn about the autonomous delivery space. This program will allow us to better understand how customers respond to the deliveries, how they interact with the robot and how it affects store operations. The growing demand for great-tasting pizza creates the need for more deliveries, and we look forward to seeing how autonomous delivery can work along with Domino’s existing delivery experts to better support the customers’ needs,” said Dennis Maloney, Domino’s senior vice president and chief innovation officer.