Photo credit: Leyang Bai via Car Scoops
Many already know that the current-generation Corvette C8 is the first production model to have a rear mid-engine configuration and also GM’s first rear mid-engine production car since the 1984 Pontiac Fiero. It draws power from a 6.2 liter naturally aspirated LT2 V8 generating 495 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque when equipped with the Z51 performance package, but what if the next model went back to the front-engine configuration? Meet the Neovette. Read more for additional pictures and information.
Inspiration for the Neovette mainly comes from the C2 and C3 generations, complete with retractable headlights. The interior keeps things simple, focusing mainly on the driver with no large touchscreens or other distractions. Power comes from a hybrid drivetrain that may implement some type of plug-in electric component.
- Build and experience an iconic supercar—the LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!
- 2-in-1 LEGO Technic set: rebuilds into a Hot Rod replica model
- This collectible car model features a large rear wing, 4 tailpipes, black spoked rims with low-profile tires, working steering and visible moving V8 pistons
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 measures over 3” (8cm) high, 11” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide Hot Rod measures over 3” (8cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide 579 pieces – For boys and girls aged 9+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 42093 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building