H/T: Peta Pixel
Filmmaker Seán Doran turned thousands of Moon photos captured by Japan’s Kaguya (SELENE) lunar orbiter into a 4-hour orbit in real-time. SELENE was the second Japanese lunar orbiter spacecraft following the Hiten probe and produced by the Institute of Space & Astronautical Science (ISAS) in partnership with the National Space Development Agency (NASDA) It was launched on September 14, 2007 and successfully orbited the Moon for one year and eight months. Read more for two videos and additional information.
What you may not know is that he main orbiter was instructed to impact on the lunar surface near the crater Gill on June 10, 2009. That’s right, the mission featured three separate spacecraft: the main orbiter, Okina (small relay satellite) to transmit radio communications, and Ouna (VLBI satellite), which was used as a second way to map the Moon’s gravity field, especially at the lunar limb where the gravitational acceleration is perpendicular to the line of sight to Earth.
- Perfect entry-level telescope: The Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ is an easy-to-use and powerful telescope. The PowerSeeker series is designed to give the new telescope user the perfect combination of quality, value, features, and power
- Manual German equatorial mount: Navigate the sky with our Newtonian Reflector telescope. It features a German Equatorial mount with a slow-motion altitude rod for smooth and accurate pointing. Adjust rod to desired position, then easily secure by tightening cross knob
- Compact and portable: This telescope for adults and kids to be used together is compact, lightweight, and portable. Take the telescope to your favorite campsite or dark sky observing site, or simply the backyard. Optical Coatings: Aluminum
- Multiple accessories: The Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope comes with 2 eyepieces (20mm and 4mm), plus a 3x Barlow lens to triple the power of each. Users can also download BONUS Starry Night Astronomy Software Package
- Unbeatable and customer support: Buy with confidence from the telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a 2-year and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts