NASA is celebrating 20-years of continuous human presence on the International Space Station, which started out as a small orbiting complex of just three modules, not the sprawling research complex that is now. Today, it’s about as large as a five-bedroom home, complete with a gym, two bathrooms and a 360-degree bay window looking at Earth below. The main sections of the space station were delivered on 42 assembly flights – 37 on the U.S. space shuttles and five on Russian Proton/Soyuz rockets – with many constructed independent of one another around the globe and assembled for the first time in space. Read more for two videos and additional information.
There are approximately 250 scientific investigations conducted aboard the ISS at any given time, and an expedition astronaut’s average stay aboard the orbiting laboratory is six-months. This spacecraft serves as a test bed for many innovative technologies, such as recycling waste plastic and carbon dioxide filtration, which are both critical for long-duration missions on the lunar surface in the Artemis program.
- Challenge your construction skills with this LEGO Ideas ISS (21321) display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, posable Canadarm2 and other authentic details to discover as you build
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut microfigures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects
- Includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator and LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 864-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends
- This ISS (International Space Station) toy building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Ideas International Space Station (NOT include the Lego Set).
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Prepare three AA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION: The light set installation is done to your preference. Please install your led light carefully, no hard pulling and no need to bend or shake it.
- ABOUT US: Specialized in custom-designed Lighting Kit toys, we aim to supply customer with good products and quality services. Make your creations unique with your rich imagination and creativity. Let 's light up your bricks and bring them new vitality. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a happy shopping experience!
Crew member safety also is important for lunar missions, so data collected from bone scans and eye exams helps inform what happens to the human body in space. State-of-the-art facilities on board station help NASA increase understanding of what it will take to expand human exploration beyond low-Earth orbit, and microgravity research into protein crystal growth and fiber-optic cables offers scalable commercial opportunities and benefits for humanity,” said NASA.