NASA and Northrop Grumman successfully test-fired a five-segment solid-fueled Artemis rocket booster Wednesday at the company’s test facility in Promontory, Utah. Called the Flight Support Booster (FSB-1), this test will enable engineers to evaluate new materials, processes and improvements for upgraded solid rocket boosters powering NASA’s Space Launch System heavy-lift rocket. Read more for the video and additional information.
The 154-foot-long booster was positioned horizontally in a test stand for the hotfire test Wednesday, and generated approximately 3.6 million pounds of thrust at maximum power. This Space Launch System booster is the most powerful solid rocket booster yet, and NASA contracted Northrop Grumman to purchase long lead items for six sets of SLS SRB’s beyond Artemis 3 through 2030 for up to nine SLS missions to be flown.
- Developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of man's historic walk on the moon, this highly detailed collectible LEGO replica of the iconic Apollo 11 Eagle Lunar Lander is a spectacular display model
- It's packed with amazing details, including detachable ascent and descent stages, a lunar surface display base and 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA-detailed spacesuits
- The LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander makes an impressive display for home or office
- The advanced LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander model is a challenging and rewarding LEGO building set that makes a great gift for space and NASA fans, and for kids ages 16+
- The LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep
- LED Light Kit For Lego 10266 NASA Apollo Lunar Lander
- Total usb outlet needed:1
- Lego set not included. Model not included. just the light kit ****
- online instructions included
The SLS rocket, Orion spacecraft, Gateway, and human landing system are part of NASA’s backbone for deep space exploration. The Artemis program is the next step in human space exploration and is part of America’s broader Moon to Mars exploration approach, in which astronauts will explore the Moon. Experience gained there will enable humanity’s next giant leap: sending humans to Mars,” said NASA.