NASA closed out 2020 by showcasing the 20 best Earth images captured by astronauts aboard the International Space Station (ISS). They include many natural wonders, bustling cities, and even natural disasters, like wildfires as well as extreme weather events. In the image above, we see Cuba and the Bahamas taken with a Nikon D5 DSLR and a 16mm lens. Other amazing shots include the Great Lakes photographed during the snowy winter and Paris at night with its many lights. Read more for the video and additional information.
Japanese astronaut Soichi Noguchi, part of the Expedition 64 crew, is one of the main photographers, as he consistently posts images captured from the Cupola observatory, thanks to its expansive views of Earth, the Moon, and beyond. Since the space station rotates the planet 16 times a day at 17,500 mph, there are plenty of opportunities for all the astronauts to spend some time in the observatory.
- Quality Optics: 400mm(f/5.7) focal length and 70mm aperture, fully coated optics glass lens with high transmission coatings creates stunning images and protect your eyes. Perfect telescope for astronomers to explore stars and moon.
- Magnification: Come with two replaceable eyepieces and one 3x Barlow lens.3x Barlow lens trebles the magnifying power of each eyepiece. 5x24 finder scope with mounting bracket and cross-hair lines inside make locating objects easily.
- Wireless Remote: Free includes one smart phone adapter and one Wireless camera remote to explore the nature of the world easily through the screen and take amazing celestial images.
- Adjustable Tripod: This telescope allows for many different viewing positions with a adjustable aluminum alloy tripod and a carry bag, the telescope and tripod can fit inside the bag for easy traveling and storage.
- Satisfaction: lifetime maintenance. If you have any question about product and service, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you in 24 hours.
The men and women who live and work on the International Space Station take thousands of photographs of their home planet every year, and we asked the folks at the Earth Science and Remote Sensing Unit at NASA’s Johnson Space Center for a few of their favorites from 2020,” said NASA.
Corsica in Sunlight
The Great Lakes
Reefs of Moindou Bay, New Caledonia