The NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope managed to capture this stunning image of emission nebula NGC 2313. What sets this nebulae apart from others? Emission nebulae are bright and diffuse clouds of ionized gas that emit their own light. The bright star V565 that you see in the center showcases a silvery, fan-shaped veil of gas and dust, while the right half is obscured by a dense cloud of dust. Read more for a video explaining emission nebula and additional information.
Nebulae with similar shapes were once known as “cometary nebulae” due to the fact that the star with an accompanying bright fan looked like a comet with a bright tail. Some of this language that astronomers use changes as they become better acquainted with the universe, which means astronomical history has a host of now-obsolete phrases to describe objects in the night sky, like “spiral nebulae” for spiral galaxies.
- Powerful reflector telescope: The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ telescope is a powerful reflector telescope for astronomy beginners. It features fully-coated glass optics, a sturdy and lightweight frame, 2 eyepieces, a StarPointer red dot finderscope and an adjustable tripod.
- High-quality 130mm optics: The heart of the system is a 130mm glass optic objective lens. The AstroMaster mount features 2 slow-motion control knobs that allow you to make precision adjustments. Resolution (Rayleigh)- 1.07 arc seconds
- Quick setup & lightweight frame: This telescope for kids and adults to be used together features a lightweight frame manual German Equatorial mount for smooth and accurate pointing. Setup is quick and easy, with no tools required for assembly. Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 812.8mm - 1295.4mm (32" - 51")
- Included accessories: We’ve included 2 eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a travel tripod, and a StarPointer red dot finderscope. Accessories also include a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs.
- Unbeatable warranty and customer support: Buy with confidence from the telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a 2-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.