NASA’s set to hold a virtual media briefing at 1:30 p.m. EDT (10:30 a.m. PDT) Tuesday tomorrow (March 23) to discuss upcoming activities for the agency’s Ingenuity Mars helicopter. As a teaser, the agency released an image of the Perseverance rover dropping the debris shield that was protecting Ingenuity. The teams operating Ingenuity and NASA’s Mars 2020 Perseverance rover have now officially confirmed the flight zone where the helicopter will attempt the first powered, controlled flights on another planet. Read more for a video and additional information.
Once Ingenuity completes its test flights, Perseverance will begin its main tasks: searching for signs of ancient Mars life and collecting samples for future return to Earth. One sight, the 28-mile-wide Jezero crather, may have hosted a large, deep lake and a river delta billions of years ago.
- 【Altitude Hold Function】Compared with other helicopters,SYMA S107H-R with this function but most of others without this function.it be locked at a certain height when you release the throttle stick, which makes it easier to control the helicopter for beginner and kids.
- 【One Key Take Off/Landing】with these functions,The helicopter will hover at certain altitude automatically after taking off/landing.it is easy to operate for kids and beginers.
- 【Whole Alloy body&Anti-Collision】Whole alloy material weight 0.97LB is very sturdy with longer lifespan, which is suit for kids and beginner to play as no serious damage or dysfunctional appearance after many times crashes.
- 【Full 3.5 Channels & 2 Selectable Frequencies】Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward and Backward built-in Gyro to hover in the air.Moves More Flexible and Stable.2 Selectable Frequencies Let You Fly Up To 2 Helicopters At Once.
- 【[Helicopter with several certificates】FCC, CE, ROHS, EN71, EN62115, EN60825, R&TTE, PAHS, HR4040, 6P, ASTM,REACH. Compatible with US standard. It is very safety for kids playing.
Away goes the debris shield, and here’s our first look at the helicopter. It’s stowed sideways, folded up and locked in place, so there’s some reverse origami to do before I can set it down. First though, I’ll be off to the designated ‘helipad,’ a couple days’ drive from here,” said NASA.