Photo credit: Andrew Fabishevskiy
NASA’s original Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV) is essentially a battery-powered four-wheeled rover used on the Moon in the last three missions of the American Apollo program (15, 16, and 17) during 1971 and 1972. What you may not know is that they were all built by Boeing, with each weighing in at 460-pounds and having a maximum payload mass of 1,080-pounds. They were transported to the lunar surface folded up in the Lunar Module’s Quadrant 1 Bay. Read more to see what the NASA LMV V1 motorbike would look like on the Moon and a bonus video.
The rover could transport two astronauts, equipment, and lunar samples at a top speed of 8 miles per hour. However, it actually achieved a top speed of 11.2 miles per hour. After being unpacked, they were driven an average distance of 19-miles on each of the three missions, without major incident. The NASA LMV v1 motorbike would complement the LRV perfectly for gathering samples.
- Developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of man's historic walk on the moon, this highly detailed collectible LEGO replica of the iconic Apollo 11 Eagle Lunar Lander is a spectacular display model
- It's packed with amazing details, including detachable ascent and descent stages, a lunar surface display base and 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA-detailed spacesuits
- The LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander makes an impressive display for home or office
- The advanced LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander model is a challenging and rewarding LEGO building set that makes a great gift for space and NASA fans, and for kids ages 16+
- The LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Creator NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander (NOT include the Lego Set).
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Prepare three AA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION: The light set installation is done to your preference. Please install your led light carefully, no hard pulling and no need to bend or shake it.
- ABOUT US: Specialized in custom-designed Lighting Kit toys, we aim to supply customer with good products and quality services. Make your creations unique with your rich imagination and creativity. Let 's light up your bricks and bring them new vitality. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a happy shopping experience!