NASA, Caltech and Fermilab researchers have managed to achieve long-distance quantum teleportation for the first time. This means that the team used quantum communication networks to transfer quantum information (qubits) at speed of light over 27-miles, and since it uses photons rather than computer code, the data cannot be hacked. To transfer the information stored in qubits, researchers used entanglement, or when two particles share spatial proximity and can not be described independently. Read more for a video about quantum teleportation and additional information.
An innovative transportation system was built between two labs, and it is comprised of three nodes. These three nodes interacted to create a qubit sequence that sent a signal instantly, which means zero wait between the creation and sending of the information. The data was 90 percent accurate and gives researchers hope for the future of this technology.
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module; Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands; The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39-inches (100cm) high and 6-inches (17cm) in diameter; It includes 1,969 pieces and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older
For quantum networks, quantum teleportation and entanglement swapping are used to distribute quantum information between distant locations. This process allows the realization of quantum cryptographic schemes or distributed quantum tasks, such as sensing or computing. Importantly, quantum teleportation is vital in order to extend the distance of quantum networks using quantum memories and quantum repeaters. This development will form part of a global quantum network: a so-called Quantum Internet,” said the researchers.