NASA’s RASSOR (Regolith Advanced Surface Systems Operations Robot), pronounced “Razor”, is a lunar robot capable of autonomously excavating soil when it is near completion. Featuring a small tank-like chassis, complete with a drum excavator and side mounted arms that can help it climb over obstacles that may be in its way. Read more for two videos and additional information.
It’s 5-times faster than the Curiosity rover’s top speed on Mars, and the eventual goal is for it to work up to 16-hours a day for many years (minimum of five). Its dual excavating drums are designed to slowly remove soil into a hopper that can hold 40 pounds of material, which will then be driven to processing plant where the soil could be chemically broken down and converted into rocket fuel, water or breathing air for astronauts working on the Moon and Mars.
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V. This space toy with astronaut figures lets you role play the many missions the Saturn V completed.
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module. Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy.
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands. The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space.
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39 inches (100cm) high and 6 inches (17cm) in diameter. It includes 1,900 pices and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older.