NASA is preparing to send human astronauts back to the Moon as part of the Artemis program, and the agency has selected SpaceX to continue development of the first commercial human lander. When completed, it will be able to safely transport the next two American astronauts to the lunar surface. The Space Launch System rocket will be used to launch four astronauts aboard the Orion spacecraft for their multi-day journey to lunar orbit, while two of them transfer to the SpaceX human landing system (HLS) for the final leg of their journey to the surface of the Moon. Read more for two videos and additional information.
After spending 1-week exploring the surface, the two astronauts will board the lander for their short trip back to orbit where they will return to Orion and their colleagues before heading back to Earth. SpaceX has received a firm-fixed price, milestone-based contract worth a total of $2.89 billion. The team has been working closely with NASA experts during the HLS base period of performance to ensure its lander design meets NASA’s performance requirements as well as human spaceflight standards.
- Developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of man's historic walk on the moon, this highly detailed collectible LEGO replica of the iconic Apollo 11 Eagle Lunar Lander is a spectacular display model
- It's packed with amazing details, including detachable ascent and descent stages, a lunar surface display base and 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA-detailed spacesuits
- The LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander makes an impressive display for home or office
- The advanced LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander model is a challenging and rewarding LEGO building set that makes a great gift for space and NASA fans, and for kids ages 16+
- The LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep
- Designed for Lego 10266,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, strip light, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.
With this award, NASA and our partners will complete the first crewed demonstration mission to the surface of the Moon in the 21st century as the agency takes a step forward for women’s equality and long-term deep space exploration. This critical step puts humanity on a path to sustainable lunar exploration and keeps our eyes on missions farther into the solar system, including Mars,” said Kathy Lueders, NASA’s associate administrator for Human Explorations and Operations Mission Directorate.