The NVIDIA Jetson Nano just might be the most affordable AI computer yet, thanks to its CUDA-X AI computer that delivers 472 GFLOPS of compute performance for running modern artificial intelligence workloads, while also being highly power-efficient, consuming as little as 5 watts. It supports high-resolution sensors, can process many sensors in parallel and run multiple modern neural networks on each sensor stream. Read more to see how computer science grad students Jason Stock and Tom Cavey used it to reward good dogs.
Simply put, they trained the NVIDIA Jetson Edge AI with over 20,000 labeled images of dogs in various positions. Next, the AI was capable of recognizing Henry, Cavey’s Australian Shepherd, with up to 92% accuracy at 39 frames per second, rewarding it with a treat via servo motor when the right position is followed. Eventually, the duo hopes to use this system as a teaching aid, enabling dogs to be remotely trained.
- Discover the power of AI and robotics with NVIDIA Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit. It’s small, powerful, and priced for everyone. This means educators, students, and other enthusiasts can now easily create projects with fast and efficient AI using the entire GPU-accelerated NVIDIA software stack.
- Learning by doing is key for anyone new to AI and robotics, and the Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit is ideal for hands-on teaching and learning. Unlike online-only learning, you’ll see your work on the developer kit perceive and interact with the world around you in real time.
- Thousands of Jetson Nano developers actively contribute videos, how-tos, and open-source projects in addition to the free and comprehensive tutorials offered by NVIDIA. These start with an introductory “Hello AI World,” continue to robotics projects such as the open-source NVIDIA JetBot AI robot platform, and lead to the next level of robotics development with NVIDIA Isaac.
- All these resources are enabled by NVIDIA JetPack, which brings to each Jetson developer the same CUDA-X software and tools used by professionals around the world. JetPack includes a familiar Linux environment and simplifies the development process with support for cloud-native technologies such as containerization and orchestration.
- The Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit delivers incredible AI performance at a low price. It makes the world of AI and robotics accessible to everyone with the exact same software and tools used to create breakthrough AI products across all industries. There’s no better way to start.
Jetson Nano makes AI more accessible to everyone — and is supported by the same underlying architecture and software that powers our nation’s supercomputers. Bringing AI to the maker movement opens up a whole new world of innovation, inspiring people to create the next big thing,” said Deepu Talla, vice president and general manager of Autonomous Machines at NVIDIA.