NVIDIA put a suggested retail price of $699 on their RTX 3080 Founders Edition graphics card pre-orders, but believe it or not, at least one of them has sold for $70,100. The pre-order page went live at 6:00 am PST and the cards near instantly sold out due to bots. However, the company says they ended up manually reviewing orders to ensure the cards in the hands of legitimate customers. Read more for an early hands-on video review.
Thanks to its Ampere architecture, this card far more powerful than its predecessor, Turing, in every way possible. Best of all, it can now handle ray tracing in 4K while still keeping you close to 60 frames per second. It’s powered by 8,704 CUDA Cores, 68 RT ray tracing cores and 272 tensor AI cores. This means the RTX 3080 has more than twice as many CUDA cores as the RTX 2080 Ti, and while its RT count is the same, the new architecture is approximately twice as fast. Check out the crazy auctions here.
- Real Boost Clock: 1680 MHz; Memory detail: 6144 MB GDDR6
- Real-Time ray tracing in games for cutting-edge, hyper-realistic graphics
- Dual fans offer higher performance cooling and much quieter acoustic noise.
- Built for EVGA precision X1 + all-metal backplate, pre-installed
- 3 year & EVGA's top notch technical support.