After an early leak, Facebook has officially unveiled Oculus Quest 2, a next generation all-in-one virtual reality headset that’s priced even lower than its predecessor at $299 USD. Featuring Qualcomm’s Snapdragon XR2 Platform, 6GB of RAM and a new display with 1832 x 1920 pixels per eye, the company’s highest resolution display yet. Thanks to the increased graphics processing power, this new display is now capable of supporting 90 Hz. Read more for a video, including a hands-on review, and additional information.
The redesigned headset is slimmer and sheds 10% of the weight from the original, while a built-in IPD (interpupillary distance) adjustment mechanism with three settings enables users to adjust lens position for visual comfort. It’s also compatible with new accessories, including the Elite Strap with Battery for double the playtime and the Fit Pack, which provides swappable facial interfaces to fit wider or narrower face shapes.
- Top VR gaming library: Blast, slash and soar your way through the top library in VR gaming. Oculus Rift S lets you play hundreds of games and exclusives already available in the Oculus store, with so much more to come.
- Improved optics: Stare down the competition with next-generation lenses and a sharper display. Improved optics deliver bright, vivid colors and reduced “screen-door” effect.
- Ergonomic design: keep your head in the game thanks to a Halo headband redesigned with speed in mind. Rift S stays securely and comfortably in place with a quick twist of the Fit wheel, so it can take-or double take-your fastest reactions.
- Oculus touch controllers: arm yourself with our updated Oculus touch controllers. Your slashes, throws and grab appear in VR with intuitive, realistic Precision, transporting your hands and gestures right into the game.
- Oculus insight tracking: take a step forward with Oculus insight. It translates your movements into VR No matter which way you're facing and provides room-scale tracking without external Sensors.
Our goal with the original Quest was to bring standalone VR to as many people as possible. We’re doubling down on that goal with Quest 2. It combines the performance gamers want with the flexibility people need, all at a price significantly lower than similarly featured headsets on the market. Quest 2 is more than just the next step in all-in-one VR. It represents years of feedback from developers, gaming enthusiasts, and the broader VR community, and we couldn’t be more grateful for this ongoing support,” said the company.