The GoPro HERO9 Black is finally here, and it was definitely worth the wait. Boasting a new sensor capable of recording 5K video as well as capturing 20 megapixel photos, next-gen HyperSmooth 3.0 video stabilization technology + in-camera horizon leveling, a new front-facing display, a larger rear display, 30% more battery life, along with a Max Lens Mod accessory for Max HyperSmooth video stabilization and Max SuperView ultra wide-angle footage. Product page. Read more for two videos, including a hands-on review, and additional information.
Other features include a 1.4″ front color display with live preview + status modes, 2.27″ rear touch display, TimeWarp 3.0 featuring Real Speed + Half Speed, 1080p Live Streaming, 1080p Webcam mode, RAW photos, digital lenses, voice control (14 commands in 11 languages + 6 accents), 3 microphones with advanced wind-noise reduction and built-in folding mounting fingers. The company has also eliminated plastic from HERO9 Black’s packaging by storing the camera in a high-quality travel case that fits additional mounts as well as accessories.
- 5K Video - Shoot stunning video with up to 5K resolution, perfect for maintaining detail even when zooming in
- 20MP Photo with SuperPhoto: Capture crisp, pro-quality photos with 20MP clarity. And with SuperPhoto, HERO9 Black can automatically pick all the best image processing for you
- Front Display + Rear Touch Screen: A new, larger rear touch screen with touch zoom on HERO9 Black and a dazzling new front display makes for easy framing and intuitive camera control
- Live Streaming + Webcam: Live stream in 1080p on social, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast
- HyperSmooth 3.0: Experience the ultimate smoothness with our most advanced video stabilization ever
HERO9 Black reflects our commitment to delivering what our customers have been asking for, including more value for their money. HERO9 Black is a beast of a product, and GoPro subscribers can get it for $100 off at GoPro.com while also enjoying unlimited cloud storage of their GoPro footage, up to 50% on everything at GoPro.com and no-questions-asked camera replacement. And we’re not done, with more value adds coming to GoPro subscribers later this year,” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro’s founder and CEO.