Orbital Marine Power’s floating O2, the world’s most powerful tidal turbine, started grid connected power generation at the European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC) in Orkney. It’s anchored in the Fall of Warness where a subsea cable connects the 2MW offshore unit to the local onshore electricity network, having the capacity to meet the annual electricity demand of around 2,000 UK homes. Read more for a video and additional information.
This tidal turbine, weighing 680 metric tons, will operate in the waters off Orkney for the next 15 years and also send power to a land-based electrolyzer generating green hydrogen. Funding for this project has come from public lenders, while the Scottish government provided around $4.72-million through its Saltire Tidal Energy Challenge Fund.
- Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 250 grams Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone In the United States and Canada you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Mavic Mini's weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2 7K HD videos A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear Ultra-smooth footage
- What you get DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller 3x Intelligent Flight Battery 3x Pairs of Spare Propellers 2x Micro USB Cable Gimbal Protector RC Cable (Micro USB connector) RC Cable (USB-C connector) RC Cable (Lightning connector) Pair of Spare Control Sticks 18x Spare Screw Screwdriver 360° Propeller Guard Two-Way Charging Hub DJI 18W USB Charger Carrying Bag.DJI Fly App requires iOS v10 0 Android v6 0 or above Compatible devices include iPhone 11 Pro Max 11 Pro 11 XS Max XS XR X 8 Plus 8 7 Plus 7 6s Plus 6s 6 Plus 6 Samsung Galaxy S10+ S10 S9+ S9 S8+ S8 S7 edge S7 S6 Note9 Note8 Huawei P30 Pro P30 P20 P10 Mate 20 Pro Mate 10 nova 5 nova 4 nova 3e nova 2 Honor 8X 10 9 20 Pro Magic 2 Mi 8 MIX 2S MIX 2 Redmi Note 5 Oppo Find X R15 Vivo NEX X27 X21 X20A OnePlus 7 6T 5 Pixel 3 XL 2 XL 2 LG V20 LG G6
This is a major milestone for the O2 and I would like to commend the whole team at Orbital and our supply chain for delivering this pioneering renewable energy project safely and successfully. Our vision is that this project is the trigger to the harnessing of tidal stream resources around the world to play a role in tackling climate change whilst creating a new, low-carbon industrial sector,” said Andrew Scott, Orbital CEO.