H/T: Peta Pixel
Mathieu Stern has always been interested in macro photography, but the problem with some of these micro scenes is that it’s hard to figure out the scale of some objects. So, this photographer decided to stop by Digtage and use their 3D scanning studio to create a miniature of himself. Put simply, this system consists of multiple DSLR cameras that captured him from just about every angle and that data was then turned into a miniature of himself. Read more for a video and additional information.
This realistic miniature was then taken out for a photo shoot, including a grassy field, next to small insects, alongside a cat, and even in the studio with some action figures. There are other companies capable of making 3D-printed miniatures, like Shapify, and prices range from $69 for an extra small figure to $149 to get something like Mathieu.
- Works Out Of the Box, 3 steps to set up ANYCUBIC Mega S 3D printer with 8 screws and 3 cables for minutes, not only meets fast assembly needs for expert users but also friendly use to beginners, The rigid metal frame can minimize the shaking to improve the print quality
- Upgraded Extruder Design, Titan extruder provides precise extrusion for your 3D printing with solid filament drive and overall mechanical design compatible with most filaments, greatly reducing the clogging risk and improving printing accuracy
- Resume Print and Sensor Detection, Mega S 3D Printer can resume printing after power outage or any other unexpected stoppage, One click to resume from the last recorded position when suffering power outages, And the sensor pauses prints and sets off an alarm when you run out of filament which greatly saves time and cost, printing volume reaches 8.27 x 8.27 x 8.07 inches
- ANYCUBIC Ultrabase, Patented 3D printer printing platform surface coated with patented microporous coating, with excellent adhesion when printing and then effortlessly falls off the bed when it cools to room temp at the end of the print
- More Function, TFT Touch Screen, As responsive as operating on the phone, All ANYCUBIC 3D printers backed with lifetime technical support and 24 hours professional customer service