At first glance, this appears to be a typical portable cassette player from the 1980s, but upon closer inspection, you’ll realize that Pl8ty is actually a Bluetooth 5.0 speaker. That’s right, it doubles as a 3200mAh power-bank and uses your smartphone as a cassette. Features include real playback buttons, a volume knob, headphone jack, USB-C port, and an aux-in so you can connect the speaker to an external device. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
This isn’t a powerhouse Bluetooth speaker that can be used to fuel a party, but its 85db power rating is more than enough to fill a room. It’s compatible with various smartphones, including the iPhone 11, iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S20, or just any smartphone with 153mm (length) x 77mm (width) x 8.6mm (thickness) dimensions. More information here.
- Innovative Bose technology packs bold sound into a small, water resistant speaker
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Rugged, with a soft touch silicone exterior that makes it easy to pick up and go
- Voice prompts talk you through the Bluetooth pairing so it’s easier than ever or even quick-pair with NFC devices
- The lithium-ion battery lets you enjoy up to 8 hours of play time, rechargeable with USB power sources
We’re two musicians who appreciate good sound and, you guessed it, the 80s. There’s nothing better than kickin’ back with a John Hughes flick or dancing with your friends to Dexys Midnight Runners. The 80s were a bold, colorful and lively decade and we wanted to introduce a bit of that nostalgia into today’s world. So we combined two of the things we love most to create pl8ty- a product that goes back to the future. We hope you’re as excited about this retro design as we are,” said its creators.