James Hobson, better known as The Hacksmith online, is back at it again with his crazy plasma lightsaber. In addition to featuring a retractable blade that works at the push of a button, it can reach a scorching temperature of 2200 ° C. For anyone who missed the previous story, the beam generated with liquid propane gas and oxygen gas mixed in a fancy laminar flow nozzle, or a technology used to control the flow of water in jumping fountains. Read more to see it take on a safe used in bank vaults.
Just by using different salts to the plasma, the lightsaber’s beam can change color. For example, boric acid creates a green beam like Yoda’s lightsaber, sodium chloride generates a bright yellow similar to Rey’s, and strontium chloride will generate a bright red for those who lean towards the dark side. The only caveat is that it requires an external power pack worn on the back.
- RGB version has 11 colors to choose from and switch on the go.
- Aluminum Hilt: The hilt is smooth and neat. You also have the option to Wrap it up with the band included in the package.
- Glowing blade: The blade is made of high-impact PC,78cm length. And it is removeable and changeable.
- FX Saber Sound： Kybers Basic series sabers have 3 sound fonts and mute mode. There are three volume settings, low, medium and high.FOC: Flash on Clash. Sound and light effect feedback when dueling and when the blade hits an object.
- Link: Two Sabers can be linked to create a Double Bladed Saber like Darth Maul's saber.
Even with all our new equipment and capabilities here at Hacksmith Industries, we’re still bound by the laws of thermodynamics. We don’t exactly have D-size batteries capable of putting out more power than a nuclear power plant — which by the way, is what you’d need for a lightsaber to function like it does in the movies,” said Hobson.