Photo credit: Porsche Exchange
For $364,000 USD, you’d expect to get at least a new Porsche GT3 RS, but this particular 911 Turbo S configuration comes with that hefty price tag. Why? Well, in addition to the vehicle cost, buyers will need to pay $12,380 just to get a custom color from Porsche, but to get it finished in Chromaflair, that’s an additional $86,040. This Urban Bamboo color with Chromaflair shifts colors depending on your viewing angle and lighting. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Why is this paint job so expensive? It’s 100% applied by hand, and each Chromaflair flake exhibits a variety of colors depending on the angle at which it is viewed and the angle of incident light. The flakes are ~1μ (micrometer) thick, and to create them, a multi-layer intereference film is ground into micron-sized flakes. These flakes include a center aluminum core layer surrounded by a glass-like layer.
- Kids will love to build and explore the super fast LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR toy car, This race car set, with black spoke rims and custom designs, can be used as a collectible toy car for adults or as the perfect STEM toy for kids
- This model car kit includes realistic details throughout the Porsche toy car such as aerodynamic bodywork, working steering, track map & more, Plus, this white toy car comes with a full toy engine, making it a fun engineering toy for kids & adults
- This LEGO Technic set featuring a toy sports car is an exclusive replica of the Porsche 911 RSR race car and has been developed in partnership with Porsche, This toy car playset will make kids and adults feel like they're in the middle of a NASCAR race!
- This LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR 42096 building kit can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO building bricks, Kids and adults can come together for hours of building, thinking, and imaginative play
- The 1580-piece race car building kit includes a Porsche 911 RSR model car that measures over 5 inches (13cm) high, 19 inches (50cm) long and 7 inches (20cm) wide, This toy vehicle with building bricks is great for boys and girls aged 10+
Changing the thickness of this glass-like layer produces different colors. To maintain the tight color tolerance required by the automotive industry, layer thickness must be controlled within a few atoms. As the person who worked his hardest to try to capture this color accurately, I am totally willing to admit that these pictures still do not do this color total justice,” said Porsche Exchange.