Photo credit: Bart van Overbeeke
A Dutch couple, Elize Lutz and Harrie Dekkers, have moved into Europe’s first fully 3D-printed house in Europe, which is located in the Bosrijk neighborhood of Eindhoven, Netherlands. This boulder-shaped, detached single-story home spans 94 square meters of living space, consisting of a spacious living room and two bedrooms. It boasts extra thick insulation and a connection to the heat grid to keep it comfortable and energy efficient year-round. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
This home is a part of Project Milestone, a joint construction and innovation project backed by Eindhoven University of Technology, Van Wijnen, Saint-Gobain Weber Beamix, Vesteda, the Municipality of Eindhoven and Witteveen+Bos. The partners wanted to take 3D-printing to the next level, which resulted in the odd shape you see here, and the most challenging section to print was its inclining walls. The structure is comprised of 24 printed concrete elements, which had to be created layer by layer at the printing plant in Eindhoven. They were then transported by truck to the building site and placed on a foundation before a roof as well as frames were applied.
- This LEGO Architecture display model of The White House 21054 beautifully captures the neoclassical design and splendor of this world-famous residence occupied by every United States president since the 1800s
- Enjoy this LEGO building set for adults, featuring details like the Executive Residence, West Wing, East Wing and connecting colonnades of The White House, plus the Rose Garden and Jacqueline Kennedy Garden
- The model can easily be divided into 3 sections for closer inspection of the architectural details; It also has a LEGO brick inscribed ‘The White House’ to complete a conversation-starting display piece
- If you’ve been to or dream of visiting The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC, or you just love travel, architecture, history and design, this is the creative building kit for you
- Measuring 4” (11cm) high, 18” (47cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep, this buildable LEGO Architecture model is a super display item for your home or office. It's also makes the best gift for creative friends
- Designed for Lego 21054,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego The White House from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.
With this small building, a first major step has been taken today in the development of construction into a high-quality manufacturing industry. From design to implementation, digitalization leads to sustainable and affordable homes tailored to the wishes of the occupant. I’m proud that the knowledge we’ve developed at TU/e has led to this innovation by industry, with the help of the municipality, within a short timeframe,” said Theo Salet, Professor of Concrete Structures, Eindhoven University of Technology.