Qualcomm’s all-new Snapdragon X65 is essentially a complete modem-to-antenna solution that supports the impending 3GPP Release 16 specification. Unlike its predecessors, this new solution is software updatable, which enables the chipset to take advantage of new features as they are developed. The QTM545 mmWave antenna module can now support higher transmit power while occupying the same footprint as its predecessor, while adding support for the new 41GHz n259 band and supports for global mmWave frequencies. Read more for two videos and additional information.
When all of these technologies are combined into a next-generation smartphone, the Snapdragon X65 is capable of data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps. However, the main issue is that there are no known 5G mobile networks that currently support 7.5Gbps / 10Gbps speeds. On the other hand, the X65 does have the world’s first AI antenna tuning technology, which increases accuracy in detecting hand grips by 30 percent compared to the previous generation, leading to faster data speeds, better coverage as well as longer battery life.
- New, unlocked Android phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; works with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and other major carriers
- Capture great photos using your cell phone on the 12 MP dual pixel rear camera with features like Live HDR+, Night Sight, and Portrait Mode; share photos directly from the viewfinder of your Pixel camera to Google and popular third party apps
- The Adaptive Battery lasts up to 24 hours  as it learns your favorite apps and reduces power to the ones you rarely use
- HDR+ makes your photos look better by automatically adjusting for color and lighting; Night Sight lets you capture rich detail and color even in the dark; Portrait Mode helps you take beautiful portraits with a DSLR quality look
- Get things done with just your voice: Send texts, get directions and reminders, and multitask on the go on your mobile phone with help from Google
The 5G transition presents the biggest opportunity for Qualcomm as mobile technology is poised to benefit virtually every industry. We are reaching a significant milestone with the Snapdragon X65 5G Modem-RF System, unleashing connectivity up to 10 Gigabits per second and support for the latest 5G specifications that will play a critical role in enabling new 5G use cases not only for redefined premium smartphone experiences, but also opening a new realm of possibilities for 5G expansion across mobile broadband, compute, XR, industrial IoT, 5G private networks and fixed wireless access,” said Cristiano Amon, president and CEO-elect, Qualcomm Incorporated.